Thursday 12 January 2012

Resolutionary...

So, day 12 of 2012. That's one of those satisfying dates to write 12.01.12. All ones and twos..almost.
And I am reflecting today on how goes the whole New Year's Resolution "thing".
Because I am a believer in the concept.  Every day brings a fresh opportunity I know..but the beginning of a year marks a great big psychological break between what can be the old and what may be the new.
So far so good.  One of the ideas was to leave work ON TIME! And I have managed that..so far.
Also to try to treat work as a bit more of a hobby and less as a total body and heart commitment. Tick.
I have committed to pulling/pushing myself out of bed a little earlier to have a short time with a coffee and book in the sun room before work. The cats tend to join me and I am a short way into an indepth Roman's commentary. Very good...challenging and inspiring - I need an hour a day! Not going to happen at present. Baby steps. Back to the gym, at least once a week, aiming for two.
Lastly just have a go at things and don't dismiss them "out-of-hand" because "I haven't got time" - not true, can make time. eg. chill on playstation guilt-free; read a newpaper occasionally; get into the garden.
Will review this topic in a month or so...see what's stuck! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment